China is a huge country in Eastern Asia with a recorded history of more than 5000 years, the capital city is Beijing. There are 56 ethnic groups in China, among which the Han people account for 92% of the total population while the other 55 ethnic groups 8%.
China has a relatively mature industrial system, with established commercial categories and products. Agriculture holds an important place in the economy and the output of grains, cotton, sugar, oil, tea and other agricultural products is among the highest in the world. China’s handcrafts industry is also world famous for its sophistication and skill.
China’s landscape is vast and diverse, ranging from forest steppes and the Gobi and Taklamakan deserts in the arid north to subtropical forests in the wetter south. The Himalaya, Karakoram, Pamir and Tian Shan mountain ranges separate China from South and Central Asia. The Yangtze and Yellow Rivers, the third- and sixth-longest in the world, run from the Tibetan Plateau to the densely populated eastern seaboard.
China is proud of her many people, long history, resplendent culture and distinctive customs. Among her greatest gifts to the world are the “four great inventions”(paper, gunpowder, printing and the compass). Chinese arts and crafts, including painting, calligraphy, operas, embroidery and silk are distinctive and unique. Martial arts, which have only recently begun to enjoy popularity in other parts of the world have been part of Chinese culture for centuries, and Chinese literature is testifies to the country’s rich heritage. And, of course, there is Chinese cuisine, which has been exported to every corner of the globe.